Re: Draw approximated normal distribution based on mean, median, percentiles?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70116] Re: Draw approximated normal distribution based on mean, median, percentiles?
- From: "Ray Koopman" <koopman at sfu.ca>
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 05:59:18 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
rflaaten at start.no wrote: > Hello all, > > I searched the forum for any info on this, so here goes. > > I need to reference some statistical data from a study. The information > given there for an age distribution is: mean, standard deviation, > median plus the 25th and 75th percentiles. Now, I have tried in vain to > get Excel or SPSS to draw this for me. Is there any way of inputting > percentiles and median into Mathematica? The normal distribution > function only takes mean and sd as far as I know. > > > Any help would be much appreciated. > Richard For a normal distribution, mean = median = x50 and sd = .7413*(x75 - x25).