Re: Smarter way to calculate middle-right terms of continued fraction partial sums

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70105] Re: Smarter way to calculate middle-right terms of continued fraction partial sums
  • From: "Diana" <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 05:58:39 -0400 (EDT)

Maxim,

Thank you for replying to my post.

I have written an awkward program that accurately calculates the
product of polynomials times e(z).

I am wondering if you could take a look and see if there is a way in
which I can make the program more efficient.

I would be happy to e-mail it to you if you would like to look it over.

I tried writing it with FromContinuedFraction, and it chocked on the
6th iteration.

With my program, I can get 9 terms.

I am hoping to come up with an efficient program to get more terms.

I have also submitted a post to the Mathematica newsgroup related to
the addition of continued fractions with polynomial partial quotients.

This is related to a master's thesis which I am writing for Spring
2007.

Thanks,

Diana