JLink OutOfMemoryError

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70156] JLink OutOfMemoryError
  • From: "Allen, Matthew" <mallen at>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 01:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to do large array crunching in Mathematica/Jlink.  The code
works fine for small 2D arrays, but when I try to use large arrays (i.e.
400000x64) I get a

I've tried to increase the memeory supply by using:

InstallJava[CommandLine->"C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\SystemFiles\Java\Windows\bin\java.exe -Xms32m

but it crashes or asks me to "Select the MathLink file to run."  Does
anybody have any advice.  I really need to crunch big arrays and I don't
want to use another system.  Thanks for any advice.

matthew allen

Matthew Allen
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Rad/Nuc Detection Systems