- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70307] Re: LessSame
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:37:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
So, setting $EqualTolerance to zero did solve my problem. However, I
have some questions.
What exactly is this tolerance?
Where they say there can be x number of digits difference in the
binary representation of the number, I don't really know what they
When I want to know if two numbers are "the same" to a certain
(additive) accuracy and precision, I use a comparison like this:
How does that relate to the above "tolerance"?
On 10/11/06, Chris Chiasson <chris at chiasson.name> wrote:
> I think
> giving True is toasting a numerical algorithm I'm trying to write.
> What I need is LessSame or something
> What's the best way to proceed?
> Block $EqualTolerance?
Prev by Date:
Re: recursive blues :(
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: sample programs
Next by thread: