Re: Ordinate in Plot Command

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70312] Re: Ordinate in Plot Command
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

set the PlotRange by hand
Plot[x + .5, {x, 0, 1}, AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
PlotRange -> {Automatic, {-1, Automatic}}]

"Robert M. Mazo" <mazo at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:egi15s$j3i$1 at
| When one forces the axes origin to go through
| (AxesOrigin->{0,0}) in a Plot command, and the
function being plotted
| has no values near y = 0, Mathematica leaves a
blank instead of
| printing  the lower part of the y axis. Try
| Plot[x+.5, {x, 0, 1}, AxesOrigin ->{0,0},
PlotRange ->All]
| to see what I mean in a simple case.  Does
anyone know an easy
| workaround for this problem?
| Of course, you can have Mathematica draw in the
missing part of the
| axis with a separate command, Line[{0,0}, {0,
ordinate of point where
| y axis begins to print], but then you have to
figure out where to put
| in the tick marks and labels.  This is doable,
but a nuisance.  What I
| am looking for is a way to tell Mathematica
"don't drop the lower part