How to make an inline cell (inside a Text cell) to be a centered equation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70416] How to make an inline cell (inside a Text cell) to be a centered equation?
- From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:34:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
hello; I am trying to learn how to use Mathematica to write my homeworks with. The first thing I tried is the following: Start with a text cell, write something, then create an inline cell (Ctrl-9), then write some equation. Now I want this equation to be centered equation. In Latex terms, this equation will be on its own new line and will be centered on the line. I found I can make numbered equations using report style. But that is not what I am looking for exactly. Also tried 'display formula' and 'inline formula'. I need a short cut to make any inline cell be a centered equation easily without having to copy it and manually trying to center it on its own line. Is it possible to do this in Mathematica? I am using 5.2 thanks, Nasser