Re: PageWidth option is not measured in characters
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70649] Re: PageWidth option is not measured in characters
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The Help Browser says:
"explicit width in characters"
in its description, which was the reason for the previous message.
On 10/21/06, Chris Chiasson <chris at chiasson.name> wrote:
> PageWidth is an option for output streams and for cells which specifies how \
> wide each line of text should be allowed to be.
> DisplayForm@Cell[BoxData["here is some text"],PageWidth\[Rule]50]
> the output looks like
> here is
> meaning that, at least in the front end, the PageWidth option is not
> measured in characters
Prev by Date:
Using "=" vs ":="
Next by Date:
Re: file question
Previous by thread:
PageWidth option is not measured in characters
Next by thread:
please explain the difference in formatting between these two expressions