Re: Re: how about fixing the Messages command?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg70720] Re: [mg70699] Re: how about fixing the Messages command?
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:24:33 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for your humorous and informative reply.

In fact, after experimenting with Messages.m, I can see that a message
will not appear in Messages[symbol] unless that message has been
issued in the course of a calculation. This reminds me of the
description of Needs. The file (Messages.m) is scanned, but the
definitions aren't made until the "symbol" is actually used. The only
problem is that Messages needs to be written in such a way that it
illuminates all usage messages for a given symbol even if those
messages haven't been called yet (and even if the symbol in question
happens to be General).

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/