Re: How to stop NDSolve on a given curve?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70768] Re: How to stop NDSolve on a given curve?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:28:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
Pavel Pokorny wrote: > Dear Mathematica friends, > > how can I tell NDSolve to stop when a given condition is true? > I want to stop when the trajectory reaches a given manifold > (a given line for a 2-dim problem), say x==1. > > Thanks for any help > Hi Pavel, Have a look at Built-in Functions --> Advanced Documentation --> Differential Equations --> NDSolve --> ODE Integration Methods --> Controller methods --> Event Locator http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Built-inFunctions/AdvancedDocumentation/DifferentialEquations/NDSolve/ODEIntegrationMethods/ControllerMethods/EventLocation.html Regards, Jean-Marc