Re: Defining two functions at once?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg70776] Re: Defining two functions at once?
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:28:18 -0400 (EDT)

In article <ehplu9$khk$1 at>,
 Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at> wrote:

> > I know this is not really relevant here, but I feel I should
> > mention the fact that there is absolutely no point in using Module
> > without any local variables; if you do not need local variables you
> > will do better to enclose the right hand side in parentheses (or
> > use explicit Composition[....,....,...]).

Thanks. I sort of knew that but -- as with so many other things about
Mathematica! -- would not have been really dead sure that that was the

[Actually, I'll probably, stubbornly, just keep enclosing the right-hand
side stuff in a "Module[ ]" wrapper anyway, nonetheless, just because it
gives me a kind of psychic feeling that this does somehow encapsulate
this content into a single named unit.  Maybe it's because I spent too
many years writing and using FORTRAN subroutines.]