Singularity handling in NIntegrate
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg70793] Singularity handling in NIntegrate
- From: "Andrew Moylan" <andrew.j.moylan at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:21:23 -0400 (EDT)
I've been searching around for information about the particular
method(s) that NIntegrate uses to handle singularities at the endpoints
of a numerical integration. In particular,
1. How is the SingularityDepth option used? Is it just the number of
recursive bisections of the first/last subinterval of integration
before a singularity is assumed?
2. What is/are the coordinate transformation(s) used when a singularity
Thanks for any help you can give me with these questions.
Prev by Date:
Searching for a function
Next by Date:
Request for benchmark results ...
Previous by thread:
Re: Searching for a function
Next by thread:
Re: Singularity handling in NIntegrate