Please help: How to use Mathematica to get Parametric solution for a transcendental equation?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69216] Please help: How to use Mathematica to get Parametric solution for a transcendental equation?
- From: Leonxf <leonxf at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:41:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear All, I am new to the group. Nice to have all of you here. I have an urgent question: I have a transcendental equation, which is A=D7(1 + G) + a=D7[(1 + G)^t] ==== T, where A,a,T,t are unknown, but A,a,T,= t are all positive real numbers, and t is no greater than 1. (I use ^ sign here to indicate "to the power of"). What I hope to get is a parametric expression for G, say, G==f(A,a,t,T) for some fucntion f(). Is there anyway to do that? I noticed someone asked a similar question before, and an answer is to get Taylor Series, if that is the only way, how to do that? Thank you in advance. Leon