Re: Re: variable "K"? (Really strange behavior . . . )

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69228] Re: [mg69182] Re: variable "K"? (Really strange behavior . . . )
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 01:39:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm not sure if this will work properly, but the first time you use K
in a notebook, you could type Global`K. Giving the full context should
force the creation of K. Also, as long as Global occurs sooner in the
context path than System (and I think that's true), then your method
should work. (I think)

By the way, your description of the way notebooks should operate
sounded really ... futuristic?? almost like one notebook doing the job
of what several files in a file system currently do. I wanted to say
that Some of the functionality you desire is available through the use
of XML - specifically its output functionality to multiple standard
file formats. The cool thing is, with a little make or ant scripting,
generation may be done automatically.

Anyway, here are some possibilities.

http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/AES/Engineering_Optimization.pdf

http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/AES/Engineering_Optimization.html

(*if your browser has MathML capability and the right fonts, try the one below*)
http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/AES/Engineering_Optimization.xhtml

here is the XML (use save as text to read it)

http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/AES/Engineering_Optimization.xml

Note this was all an updated version of:
http://chris.chiasson.name/Engineering_Optimization/ch01.html

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/