Re: Unexpected "Invalid comparison" error when plotting function defined with a Condition pattern

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69264] Re: Unexpected "Invalid comparison" error when plotting function defined with a Condition pattern
  • From: "Andrew Moylan" <andrew.j.moylan at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 04:47:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Jens,

Does Mathematica give a small complex part for 10^y for any y in the
range {1,2}? I can't find any y for which it does.

Of course there are various ways I can modify my expression until it
"works"; my question is really about understanding why Mathematica's
Plot function has this behaviour, so that I can predict it and design
for it in the future.

Cheers,

Andrew