Re: Fit rectangle to set of points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69337] Re: Fit rectangle to set of points
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 23:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

points = Table[{Random[], Random[]}, {16}];

box = Transpose[{Min[#], Max[#]} & /@
Transpose[points]];

Show[Graphics[
{RGBColor[0, 0, 1],
  Rectangle @@ box, {AbsolutePointSize[4],
RGBColor[1, 1, 0],
  Point /@ points}}, PlotRange -> All,
Background -> RGBColor[1, 0, 0]]]

or should the rectangle rotated ??

Regards

  Jens

<buttgereit at biomediclab.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:edom0n$hu2$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| Dear Group,
|
| I have a set of 2D points given for which I
would like to find the
| smallest rectangle circumscribing all the
points.

| Doing this with a circle instead of a rectangle
was easy --- for the