RE: Re: Re: Re: solve and Abs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69561] RE: [mg69517] Re: [mg69456] Re: [mg69398] Re: solve and Abs
  • From: "Erickson Paul-CPTP18" <Paul.Erickson at Motorola.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

The logic appears to be:

{ {1st solution set of conditions}, {2nd solution set of conditions},
...} If there are no conditions needed for a solution it is therefore
{{}}, and if the is no set of conditions that allow a solution it is
therefore {}. This is shown by:

Solve[{y^2 == 1}, {x, y}]
Results in:

So the general form is list of solution conditions list.