- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69711] Re: [mg69660] Inequalities
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:30:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
Simplify[Reduce[p (1 - p) < q (1 - q), p], 0 < p < q < 1]
q <= 1/2 || p + q < 1
FullSimplify[p (1-p) < q (1 - q), 0 < p < q < 1]
---- misha <iamisha1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am an inexperienced user and am wondering whether Mathematica can help
> me with inequalities such as the following.
> Given 0 < p < q < 1,
> When is p(1-p)<q(1-q)?
> It should be, if 1 - q > p.
hanlonr at cox.net
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: