Re: Split a file into multiple files using a pattern

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69722] Re: Split a file into multiple files using a pattern
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:31:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Raj,
this can best be done using regular expressions. Toward this aim, assume
that your data is in the list dat. We convert this to a string, make the
necessary replacements, split the string and transform it back to an
expression. Thereby we introduce a marker "@" to indicate where the
string should be split:
t=ToString[dat];
t=StringReplace[t,RegularExpression[",?(\\s*9,){3,300}"]->"}@{"];
t=StringSplit[t,"@"] //ToExpression;
The elements of t contain now the data to be written to the different files.

Daniel