  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69875] Program to calculate rational function with imbedded continued fraction
  • From: "Diana" <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 05:21:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

Would someone be able to help me write a program to calculate the
rational function of (2x + 3)/(2x + 4), for example?

Also, (tx + 2t)(3t^2x + t), for example.

x is actually an infinite continued fraction, and I am trying to figure
out how to divide one infinite continued fraction by another.

(t [0, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, ...] + 2t)/(3t^2 [0, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2,

Any help would be appreciated.

Diana M.