Program to calculate rational function with imbedded continued fraction

Hello all,

Would someone be able to help me write a program to calculate the
rational function of (2x + 3)/(2x + 4), for example?

Also, (tx + 2t)(3t^2x + t), for example.

x is actually an infinite continued fraction, and I am trying to figure
out how to divide one infinite continued fraction by another.

(t [0, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, ...] + 2t)/(3t^2 [0, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 2,

Any help would be appreciated.

Diana M.