RE: Re: comments in import files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74704] RE: [mg74680] Re: comments in import files
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 04:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jean-Marc,

> The command grep [1] is an standard external command provided
> by any UNIX or Linux distributions. However, it does not
> belong to Mathematica and it is not installed by Mathematica
> either, that is if you use Windows, you must install it by
> yourself. For instance, see Cygwin [2].

Microsoft have released two versions of their UNIX utilities over the years.
Both are based on the old MKS Utilities.  If you can still find it, the
first version is smaller and more useful than the second (~400MB) version if
all you want to have are Windows versions of ls, grep and the other UNIX
commands that our fingers can't seem to forget.

Regards,

Dave.