Probability Density Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74790] Probability Density Function
  • From: "Tony Harris" <tdh1967 at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 04:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have graphed a normal probability density function with a mean of 10 and a
standard deviation of 2.5.  I named this function f[x]

I wanted to know how to use the "FilledPlot" to show the area under the
curve for (x<8) and (7.5<x<11).

I have the probability for x<8 to be .212 and for 7.5<x<11 to be .497 by
calculating the definite integral of the function f[x] for these two
probabilities.

I have the cacluation of the probabilities included but no idea on how to
continue and display each of these in a graph.

Thanks,

T Harris