Re: Replace certain variable

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg74833] Re: Replace certain variable
  • From: jesse.woodroffe at
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 04:03:45 -0400 (EDT)

Although I suspect there may be even cleaner ways to do it, you could
use a replacement rule such as

This rule works for any sequence of multiplications in the exponent,
so long as w is somewhere and there actually IS a multiplication, i.e.
it doesn't work for w alone. To remedy that situtation, you could also
include a specific replacement for Exp[w],

This being said, I'd guess that there's a way that would get both
cases at once.

Jesse Woodroffe