Re: Length of random index into list
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg74931] Re: Length of random index into list
- From: "bitRAKE" <bitRAKE at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
On Apr 10, 2:19 am, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gull... at gmail.com> wrote: > bitRAKE wrote: > > node = Length@Extract[s, indices] > > > How can this be done without using Extract? > > > Regards, > > bitRAKE > > Does > > node = Length /@ s > > fit your needs? > > Or > > node = Length[s[[indices]]] > > Regards, > Jean-Marc I thought node = Length[s[[indices]]] would work, but indices is a List and I don't know how to remove the head. My memory is fuzzy - it is like I remember reading how and I've looked and searched. Hm...the nested list is highly irregular and deeply nested - more like a vine than a tree.