Re: Clean-up code for packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74973] Re: Clean-up code for packages
  • From: "Szabolcs" <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:03:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 12, 11:10 am, Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:

> b) a package end with EndPackage[] and not with Quit[]
>     Quit[] kill the Kernel and all you definitions from the
>     package are lost

1. I understand that. But if the functions defined in the package
write temp files, then the files are created when the functions are
used, not when the package is read in.

> c) $Epilog=(Run["format /X c:"];Get["end.m"])
>     will remove almost everything you have created

2. My question was: how do you prepend that Run[] command to $Epilog
without knowing the initial value of $Epilog? If you don't know the
answer, you better don't reply at all.

What you did here is very irresponsible. What if some novice user
reads this post and tries your command?