Re: bug in Integrate (5.2)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74975] Re: bug in Integrate (5.2)
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:04:25 -0400 (EDT)

> http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2006/Sep/msg00468.html

Thanks a lot for bringing in my attention this thread.

> (1) Integrate can misjudge convergence and incorrectly claim divergence.
> (2) As mentioned in the post at the above URL, if this happens, and if
> Message is blocked by Block, then Integrate can claim the result is
> infinite. This was a small (in my opinion) bug, fixed for the next releas=
e=2E

Now I read your reply in above link I understand that using the
structure Block[{Message},Integrate[...]
is a (small indeed) bug.

But what I do consider as a BIG bug is that for a parameter integral
Integrate:
1) Fails completely to provide ANY regions of convergence (correct or
incorrect it
doensn't matter at this point).
2) Returns a completely wrong result of Divergence regardless the
values of the
parameters.

Of course specifying that a>0 and b>0 leads to the correct result.

Regards
Diitris

=CF/=C7 Daniel Lichtblau =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: