  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75040] Interpolation
  • From: Robert Pigeon <robert.pigeon at>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 05:07:32 -0400 (EDT)

                Here is the situation: I have four notebooks. In each I have
datasets and I use Interpolation[dataset] to get an interpolation function
for each dataset. Now I need to use those four interpolations in a fifth
notebook that is not, probably, going to run at the same time as the other
(they will be closed). I do not want to read all the data again and compute
the interpolations to use them. So, is it possible to save or copy the
different  interpolations to a new notebook and use them?

                I could probably use FindFit and then copy the polynomial
function  in a different notebook to use it. But I need a good fit, a very
good fit. Actually I need the precision given by Interpolation.

Any suggestions?

Robert Pigeon