Re: Beryl x Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75064] Re: [mg75036] Beryl x Mathematica
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 04:10:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Rodolfo,

   Somehow you have to export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 before you start
Mathematica. This causes no problems (for me anyway) when I'm NOT using
Beryl, so I've just put a tiny script in "/usr/local/bin/Mathematica":

#!/bin/bash

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1

sh /my/path/to/the/Mathematica/executable

as I use bash.

   Hope this helps!

                    C.O.

Rodolfo Allan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Mathematica 5.2 under Linux Debian Lenny with Beryl (fancy
> 3d desktop). When I open the Mathematica, the fonts in the notebook
> become transparent. So if there is any white program opened behind it
> I won't be able to read anything. The same happens with logo palette,
> Math symbol is totally transparent.
>
> Is there any way to solve this?
>
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo.