2007 NKS Summer School

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75100] 2007 NKS Summer School
  • From: Wolfram Research <newsdesk at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:22:43 -0400 (EDT)

The fifth annual NKS Summer School begins in just a couple
months, and we'll be accepting applications through April 23. The
three-week, tuition-free program--June 25 to July 13 at the
University of Vermont--is a unique opportunity to get involved
with original research at the frontiers of science using
Mathematica and Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science.

http://www.wolframscience.com/summerschool

We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to
advance their careers in an NKS direction. Our participants come
from many diverse backgrounds, but share a common passion to
discover and explore cutting-edge ideas. Over the past four
years, they have included graduate students, undergraduates,
professors, industry professional, artists, and even a few
exceptional high-school students.

If accepted, you will work directly with others in the NKS
community--including Stephen Wolfram and a staff of instructors
who have made significant contributions to NKS--on your own
original project that could develop into published papers or the
foundations for your thesis. You may also be eligible for college
course credit through the University of Vermont.

Take a look at the lecture notes from previous years to get a
sense of what topics will be covered:
http://www.wolframscience.com/summerschool/materials

If you're serious about getting involved with similarly
innovative ideas at the core of NKS, you should consider applying
as soon as possible. Only a few more spots remain.

Apply online at:
http://www.wolframscience.com/summerschool/application.cgi

Sincerely,

Todd Rowland, Ph.D.
NKS Summer School Academic Director

Catherine Boucher, Ph.D.
NKS Summer School Program Director

P.S. The NKS 2007 Wolfram Science Conference
(http://www.wolframscience.com/nks2007) begins immediately after
the NKS Summer School, July 13-15 at the University of Vermont.
All Summer School attendees will receive complimentary passes and
may even have an opportunity to showcase some of their work.