Re: Importing and retaining graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75201] Re: Importing and retaining graphics
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:39:32 -0400 (EDT)

AES wrote:
> OK, I've learned that
>
>    Import["/Users/AES/Desktop/myImage.jpg"]
>
> will import an image from my Mac desktop into a notebook, and then
>
>    Show[%, ImageSize->3*72]
>
> will display it.  But:
>
> 1)  How do I then "freeze" or retain that graphic or that image, in a
> displayed or rendered form, as a permanently retained and displayed
> image cell in this notebook, with the two lines above deleted?

When you execute the Show command as written above, you will notice that
  Mathematica returns two sub-cells: one that displays the graphics and
one that contains the code (labeled Out[xx]:= --graphics--).

You can safely delete the sub-cells that contain the Show command and
the graphic object. You will be left with the "middle" cell that
displays the picture and this cell is now here permanently.

[snip]
> Took me a lot of searching around before I discovered how to format the
> right path, and what paths Import[] actually searched.

And Menu Input -> Get File Path does not help?

Regards,
Jean-Marc