Barchart Questions

I'm using ShowLegend to generate the legend on a BarChart but can't seem to change the fontsize of the legend.  Also, how does one get rid of that pesky y-axis that seems to pop up beside the frame?  Just setting axesorigin to 0 doesn't do it.  I've had to play with the origin, i.e., {-0.42,0} to superimpose it on top of the frame.  Not very elegant.