how to create a subclass

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75326] how to create a subclass
  • From: "T.Sariyski" <tsariysk at verizon.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I have a simple class myClass with one variable v1 and with access
methods only:

Class[myClass,Object,{v1},{
    {new,Function[{lv1},new[super];
        setv1[self,lv1]]
    },
    {setv1,Function[{lv1},v1=lv1]},
    {v1,v1&}
}]

I want to create a subclass mySub of myClass which in addition to v1 have one more variable v2. I tried variants of:

Class[mySub,myClass,{v2},{
    {new,Function[{lv2},new[super];
        setv2[self,lv2]]
      },
    {setv2,Function[{lv2},v2=lv2]},
    {v2,v2&}
}]

myObj=new[mySub,{v1,v2}]

but all my attempts failed. Somebody help, please?

Thanks, Ted