Re: Sometimes <space> means multiple , sometimes not

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75351] Re: Sometimes <space> means multiple , sometimes not
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:31:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

note that "-" can denote two different operators:

if there is an operand on both sides of "-" it means "Subtract"

if there is no operand to the left it means "Minus"

Futher "+" with operands on both sides means Plus, with only one operand

to the right is the Identity.

Further, two operand separated by a space "*" means Multiply.

hope this helps, Daniel