Suppress Arrowheads (Combinatorica)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75381] Suppress Arrowheads (Combinatorica)
  • From: Bruce Colletti <vze269bv at verizon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 05:27:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re Combinatorica found in Mathematica 5.2.

How would I "simply" suppress (hopefully via a ShowGraph option) the arrowheads that ShowGraph displays for a DIRECTED graph?

For instance, let G = FromOrderedPairs@{{2,1},{1,3},{3,2}} (a digraph since Directed appears in the graph object).  ShowGraph@G displays the arrowheads and hoping to suppress these, I instead enter:

ShowGraph[G, EdgeDirection->False]

Unfortunately, the arrowheads still appear.

Although ShowGraph@FromOrderedPairs[{{2,1},{1,3},{3,2}},Type->Undirected] succeeds, I'd rather not tinker with a digraph's Type.  Instead, I wonder if this can be "simply" done via ShowGraph.   Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bruce