Re: Numerical integration

Personally, I would suspect the symbolic result as well unless you know from independent means that the results returned by Integrate is indeed the correct result.  This I say in regards to another similar situation with:

Log[1+1/(e^x Sqrt[x])]

which returns an incorrect result symbolically.  When I use the Method->Oscillatory I get:

In[24]:=
NIntegrate[f[x],{x,0,Infinity},Method->Oscillatory,WorkingPrecision\[Rule]20]

Out[24]=
0.871