Plot a number line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79687] Plot a number line
  • From: Diana <diana.mecum at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 03:41:59 -0400 (EDT)

Math folks,

I am trying to plot just an x axis number line with varying end
points.

For example, I would like a number line with starting and ending
arrows pointing to negative and positive infinity, with the numbers
-10, -9, ..., 8, 9, 10 printed on the line. I would like just the tick
marks at integer markings. This is meant to be a template for students
to graph the solution set to an inequality on it.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Diana M.