ListPlot3D on 3 by 3 Arrays

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79730] ListPlot3D on 3 by 3 Arrays
  • From: Fiona H Evans <fevans at agric.wa.gov.au>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:21:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have a problem with using ListPlot3D on 3 by 3 Arrays. It seems that
Mathematica 6.0.1.0 thinks that my Array is a List {{x1, y1, z1}, {x2,
y2, z2}, {x3,y3,z3}}, when I intend it to be used as an Array of
height values indexed by its rows and columns. I guess this is so that
irregular datasets can be visualized using ListPlot3D, but does it
mean that I have to convert my Arrays (which may be variable in size)
into Lists? If so, is there an efficient way to do it?

Cheers, Fiona.