Re: If a*b=c/d, then a=c/bd, How do i do this in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg79802] Re: If a*b=c/d, then a=c/bd, How do i do this in Mathematica?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 04:49:08 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
GR wrote: > Dear Experts, > > I tried reading the help doc in M6, but unable to find the right > command. Can M6 simplify it? > > Cheers, > GR > > I am not exactly sure what this is an example of, but if you want to solve for a, then it is easy: Solve[a*b==c/d,a] Note the use of == which means "is equal to" rather than = which means assignment. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk