Problems naming files with equation names

Hello all,

I'd like to be able to name files and the directories I create with equation names such as:

(z^2-z^3)^{-1/3}

However this file name is invalid.  Is there any type of utility I can use to name files this way?  The ideal solution would be to name like the above and then have the  File/Open menu display all the file names and directories in Standard Form.  I'm not familiar with WorkBench.  Would that help?

Thanks,
Chuck