Re: Can model parameters be global?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79918] Re: Can model parameters be global?
  • From: ben <benjamin.friedrich at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Neil

a convenient work-around is the use of Replace, ReplaceAll;
a typical piece of  my code looks like this:

(* a1 does rarely change in the notebook *)
a1=0;

(* a2 can take different values in different scenarios, can be used as
fit parameter, etc. *)
case1:={a2->0}
case2:={a2->1}

(* a3 is varied continously, eg. in plots *)
f[a3_]:=a1+a2+a3;

f[1]
f[1]/.case1

Bye