Getting CityData[], WorldData[] etc to work through a firewall?

Hi folks,
At home with Mathematica 6  running behind a NAT firewall on the router and a
personal firewall on my PC getting data from the networked databases
goes without a hitch. However, at work I can't get it working. I've
entered the proxy settings of the company firewall and the connection
test in the help menu reports that it gets a connection. CityData[]
gets as far as the blue box with a percentage of 0% and returns
a ::dfail error message after a while. Any clues?