Getting CityData[], WorldData[] etc to work through a firewall?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80038] Getting CityData[], WorldData[] etc to work through a firewall?
  • From: Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:07:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,
At home with Mathematica 6  running behind a NAT firewall on the router and a
personal firewall on my PC getting data from the networked databases
goes without a hitch. However, at work I can't get it working. I've
entered the proxy settings of the company firewall and the connection
test in the help menu reports that it gets a connection. CityData[]
gets as far as the blue box with a percentage of 0% and returns
a ::dfail error message after a while. Any clues?