Re: Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80335] Re: Mathematica 6
  • From: Jepessen <danwolf80_ at _libero_._it>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 05:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

Il Fri, 17 Aug 2007 05:56:02 +0000, John ha scritto:

> Just installed Mathematica 6. It opens with a blank page called
> Untitled 1, but I can't get it to do anything.
>
> I typed in the following:
>
>  Mean{{1,2,3}], Variance[{1,2,3}]
>
> and a few other simple calculations, but nothing happens.
>
> John

Because you can't put together operations with the , operator. Something
happens: you can see, after pressing Shift+Enter, that the right cell
bracket became red, with a little circle: clicking to the circle gives a
message window with the error.

If instead, you enter single commands, make sure that you give the command
(as said) with Shift+Enter (or enter of the numerical pad).

Daniele