Re: Intensive numerical calculations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80392] Re: Intensive numerical calculations
  • From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 05:01:37 -0400 (EDT)

Efficiency can vary depending on your implementation. For instance
here's a range of solutions to the problem of sampling markov chains,
and their execution times varies by a factor of more than 2000. The
fastest solution had similar runtime to optimized C code.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/21f088453d0c6745/5e9853ea4489135d?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#5e9853ea4489135d