Re: Manipulate with Wrapping SetterBars

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80444] Re: Manipulate with Wrapping SetterBars
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 04:53:29 -0400 (EDT)

I think I made an error in saying the SetterBar didn't wrap. It didn't wrap
because I had the notebook set at a wide width.  It wraps with respect to
the width of the notebook. What I really wanted was to control the wrapping
width. I found I could do this by abandoning Manipulate and going to
DynamicModule. There the SetterBar can be set in a Pane, which will control
the wrapping width.

My opinion now is that Manipulate is all right for many quick and dirty
displays, but for most custom dynamic displays one can spend too much time
trying to make Manipulate format correctly and one should generally think in
terms of DynamicModule.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/