Re: getting data for Histogram

On Aug 22, 2007, at 4:44 AM, Arkadiusz.Majka at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 3 years ago the following problem was given
>
> "I assume that in the process of creating a Histogram plot,
> Mathematica must be calculating a list of BinCounts -- but how can
> I get at that
> list immediately after making and displaying the histogram? "
>
> Do you know the answer?

In version 6 BinCounts is now an function.

Otherwise the result of Histogram is a Graphics object, the bins can
be obtained from the parameters to the Rectangle expressions in that
that object which can be obtained as follows:

<< Graphics`Graphics`
<<Statistics`NormalDistribution`
obj = Histogram[RandomArray[NormalDistribution[], 100]];
bins=Cases[obj, Rectangle[__], Infinity]/.Rectangle[{l_, b_}, {r_,

Regards,

Ssezi