Solving Nonlinear Equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg80515] Solving Nonlinear Equations
  • From: "Biyana, D. (Dugmore)" <DugmoreB at>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 01:56:16 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using Mathematica V6.0.1 and I have a system of 4 nonlinear equations
which I'm trying to solve using FindRoot:
I get the message " FindRoot::cvmit : Failed to converge to the requested
accuracy..." which I suspect is a result of initial values of A, B,C, and D.
What trick can one use to get accepatble initial values?
MD Biyana

Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [ ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice. [ ]