Mathematica 6.0.1, Crashes when I hit the ENTER key !!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80605] Mathematica 6.0.1, Crashes when I hit the ENTER key !!
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:13:17 -0400 (EDT)

This is the most amazing thing. This is on XP.

I have put the notebook in this folder, it is called demo2.nb

http://12000.org/tmp/082507/

and 2 screen shots of the crashes here
http://12000.org/tmp/082507/bug2.JPG
and
http://12000.org/tmp/082507/bug1.JPG

Simply open it. it is just ONE cell.  Simply hit the ENTER key to define the
code in the cell. You'll get the GUI from Manipulate shown.

Now, without doing anything, hit the ENTER key again.  Now Mathematica
crashes.  If it does not crash for you, try saving the file, then hit ENTER
again. For me it crashes every time.

This is what happened. I've been working on this all night.  I added TabView
at the end, which calls functions, which in turn use Manipulate. Things
started to crash soon after that. I am not sure if it is the TabView is
causing the problem or not. I think this is the problem:  Having TabView
inside Manipulate is causing it to crash.  But I was not able to decide for
sure, as almost anything I do, causes Mathematica to crash now. Maybe I
should just removed TabView altogether, although I really like to use it.

Could someone please try this on their PC to see if they get the same
problem?

thanks
Nasser