Re: Drawing tick labels without ticks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80598] Re: Drawing tick labels without ticks
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

Two suggestions:

This gives you zero length tick marks, but there is a residual dot.

xyticks = Table[{x, x, {0, 0}}, {x, 1, 5}];
ListPlot[{1, 2, 3, 4, 5},
 AxesStyle -> Opacity[0],
 TicksStyle -> Opacity[1],
 Ticks -> {xyticks, xyticks},
 PlotRange -> {{0, 5.1}, {0, 5.1}}]

The following gets rid of all ticks and axes and just adds labels where you
want them.

Graphics[
 {Point /@ Table[{x, x}, {x, 1, 5}],
  Table[Text[x, {x, 0.8}], {x, 1, 5}],