Re: version 6 Plot3D exporting results in HUGE files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80676] Re: version 6 Plot3D exporting results in HUGE files
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:41:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Yes, but these are still MUCH larger file sizes than I got from 5.2.
> Even exported PDF graphics when embedded in a LaTeX doc and pdfLaTeX-
> ed created files which were abnormally slow when scrolling between
> pages.

I have no time to investigate this, but maybe you want to try to use

<<Version5`Graphics`

to get back to the old Graphics-System within version 6 and see whether
you can get back the old smaller files when exporting these Graphics. I
know this is no real solution of your problem and of course you can't
make use of some new features (like opacity). On the other hand,
considering that the new graphics have features that postscript doesn't
support there might not be a good "solution" anyway...

hth,

albert