Re: StringCases kills Kernel
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80742] Re: StringCases kills Kernel
- From: "Wim W. Wilhelm" <wilhelm at euronet.nl>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I tried the example in version 6. The
following warning was displayed:
"String or list of strings expected at
position 1 in \
The Kernel wa's not killed.
Wim W. Wilhelm
"dh" <dh at metrohm.ch> wrote in message
news:fb5nv5$8g8$1 at smc.twtelecom.net...
> I often read a file into a string and
> use StringCases to extract
> relevant information. However, if the
> extracted part is too large, the
> kernel is killed. This happens in
> version 5 and 6. here is a simple
> s= StringJoin[Table["0123456789",
> RegularExpression["(0123456789)+"] ];
> the same also happens when we use a
> StringCases[s3, "0123456789" ..];
Prev by Date:
How to get Table not to return Null?
Next by Date:
Rotated Text with Full AspectRatio and ImageSize
Previous by thread:
StringCases kills Kernel
Next by thread:
Localizaction of variables in Fit..