Re: slot argument weirdness

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83929] Re: slot argument weirdness
  • From: Tom Burton <news at>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:02:13 -0500 (EST)

Considering that all the examples of slots in online help (Slot) show
slots inside of pure functions, where is the weirdness: in the slots,
or in your attempt to use them outside their native habitat?

You're so close :-)  How about?

Apply[m, v]

Simple pure functions are fine, but complex ones can be hard to read.
How about instead a regular function,

or a rule?

When responding, please replace news with my first initial and full
last name, as one word.

Tom Burton